Sunday, May 9, 2010

Final Thoughts

Our trip has come and gone in what seems like a blink of an eye. Many pilgrims come to Lourdes for the first time wondering what they are doing there. It is by the end of the week that we realize the trip is not about us. The trip is about the special boys, girls, men, and women that we bring as our beloved malades to experience the joy of Lourdes and the love of the Blessed Mother. The strength, courage, and hope that our malades show are the true gift that each of us as prilgrims receive.

I have been thanked many times by Miss Murphy and her wonderful mother, Pat, for bringing them on this journey. Try and try again, I tell them that it is nothing to do with me. I am the lucky one that the Lord and Blessed Mother used as an instrument in helping to make this journey for them possible. If I can, I would like to thank you, Susan and Pat, for allowing me to care for you, push and pull you, spend time with you, and pray with you. I am so blessed that I was able to spend this time with the two beautiful Murphy women, as well as our other fabulous malades. The hard work, the laughter, the tears, the prayers, the love will remain forever in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment